In this digital era it has become increasingly easy to access information. You can Google just about anything and read up on it. There are times though that you just don’t have time to read.
As an avid reader myself, I love to dive my nose into a book to learn something new or get pulled away into a new adventure in Narnia. But, sometimes I just don’t have time to actually sit down and read.
This is where podcasts fill that gap in an amazing way! I live 30 minutes out of town, so that gives me 1 hour of driving anytime I want to go somewhere. Listening to a Podcast while you are driving fills that gap of not being able to read sometimes.
If you are looking to work on side income, but are like me and just don’t have time to read into it thoroughly here are 8 Podcasts for earning a side income.
The Side Hustle Show
The Side Hustle Show with Nick Loper is a great podcast to learn about different side income options, as well as dive into the finer details of things to consider when looking into some of these side income options. On a weekly basis he adds a new podcast to demonstrate the possibilities of earning a side income, and the nuts-and-bolts of doing it right.
- The 15 Income Streams I’m Working on Right Now
- Airbnb Experiences: Make Money w/ Your Unique Local Experience
- The Con of the Side Hustle, Beanie babies, Affiliate Marketing, and More…
- The Raw Truth About Blogging – How a “Dog Mom” Built her online business
When looking into side income podcasts it didn’t take long to stumble across Chris Ducker’s podcast Youpreneur. He has a best-selling entrepreneurial book on how to create your dream life by hiring virtual staff. He is all about finding the sweet spot in work-life balance and building your dream income on your terms with your circumstances.
- Why You Need to Listen in Order to Sell
- Top Business Tools for Efficient Entrepreneurs
- How to Make a Podcast Generate Income
- 3 Tips to Get Fit While Working From Home
The $100 Startup
Okay so this is only one podcast, but it is a great listen if you are looking for inspiration on starting a side income with minimal starting expenses. On the podcast Accidental Creative Chris Guillebeau, author of the new book The $100 Startup, as he shares insights on how to take a business from the idea phase to reality.
AC Podcast: Chris Guillebeau on The $100 Startup
Hustle to Freedom
This podcast is for everyday people making extraordinary side income with a side hustle. Each interview talks with an ordinary person who is already working a 9 to 5 job and how they built a side income in their spare time.
There are some really interesting side income stories in these podcasts. From being a photographer for Cosplay events to Building the Uber of Lawncare. Some of these ideas would be great for teenagers to get a taste of having their own business as their first job.
- Ex-Google Worker Starts San Francisco Hiking Tour Company w/ Alexandra Kenin
- How To Go From Employee To Entrepreneur w/ Steve Glaveski
- Moving To Canada Book Makes Extra $600 Per Month w/ Cori Carl
- Cosplay Photography Side Hustle w/ Daniel Grove
Side Hustle School
The Side Hustle School podcast is for anyone who works a regular job and wants to start an income-earning project on the side. The podcast is hosted by Chris Guillebeau, you might have noticed he was interviewed in earlier mention podcast, who is a NY Times best selling author of books focusing on making a side business.
The episodes go over different stories of people’s side hustles, reviewing what went well, how that person overcame challenges, and what happened as a result. They put out new episodes daily. So if you need something worth listening to on your daily commute, give this a listen.
- Crafty Mompreneur Brings in $12,000 in Eight Weeks
- Millennial Invests Side Income For Passive Profits
- Start a Service Business in Less Than a Week
- Accidental Side Hustle Becomes Decorative Family Business
Side Hustle with Soul
Side Hustle with Soul is created by Dielle Charon who is a Personal Development and Side Hustle Success Coach. She shares with listeners the strategies she has tried and used herself, and share what works and has failed.
No matter how much time you have, Dielle explains how you can start making a side income. Along with episodes about methods of starting a side hustle she goes into the personal growth side of starting a side business. Many of her episodes talk about self-care and keeping your energy up while working on your new endeavor.
- Side Hustle Starters Series Part One: Why to have a service based side hustle
- Truth Bomb Tuesday: Learn about my four failed side hustles and avoid the mistakes that I made in business
- How to make your first $1,000
- How to Create a Sunday Routine for Your Business| How to Plan Your Week with a Day Job and Side Hustle
The Smart Passive Income Online Business and Blogging Podcast
Pat Flynn is behind The Smart Passive Income Online Business and Blogging Podcast. He doesn’t claim to be a millionaire by having having an online business, but makes a significant income from his once side income to now fully support his family.
Pat discusses strategies and tips to get you going on creating your own passive income streams. His episodes go over different options online and tells you how they work so that you can use to start your own side income.
- Types of Passive Income Generated Online and What to Expect From Each
- From Teachers to Totally Rocking It Online—Shane and Jocelyn Sams Share Their Success Story
- Why Staying Small Is the Next Big Thing with Paul Jarvis
- Retail Arbitrage: Buying and Reselling Items from Stores on Amazon
What Are You Waiting For?
So there you have it, multiple people who want to do nothing more than help the average person like you and I make a side income to help “bring home the bacon” as they say. Each has their own personality and jive, so have a listen and see if there is one that really speaks to you and your needs.
What are you waiting for? Start getting ideas and taking action to start up that side income you have always only thought about. Can you spare and 1 a day or every few days?
Let me know if there are any other great podcasters out there that have inspired you!